We think it is important that the children in our school have the chance to voice their opinions on all aspects of school life. We do this in a number of ways, including regular pupil voice activities and through Pupil Groups that we have created, including the Pupil Groups detailed below:
Our School Council have representatives from each class, who are voted onto the School Council by their peers in September. Our School Council meet regularly and help to organise lots of different events in school as well as meeting visitors to our school. They are also role models for the rest of the pupils in school. Some recent School Council activities have included;
- meeting Si King (TV chef - Hairy Bikers), giving him a tour of the school and taking part in a Q&A session
- organising a 'design a Christmas Card' competition for local care homes
- organising a 'design a red nose' competition for Comic Relief
- organising a 'design a Someone Special Card' competition for Mother's Day
- representing the school at the Medomsley Remembrance Service
- coming up with ideas to further improve our school, such as our new Buddy Bench on the yard
Look out for our School Council as they proudly wear their red badges in school!
Our Worship Leaders meet to plan, design and deliver Collective Worship every other Thursday. Our Worship Leaders often deliver their Collective Worship through prayers, songs and acting. They have delivered worship in school, church and even inside Durham Cathedral! We are always so impressed with their confidence when delivering worship in front of the whole school.
Our Wellbeing Warriors are a new Pupil Group, who have just recently started their role in September 2023. Pupils from each class in KS2 were put forward and they have then undertaken a block of Peer Mentor Training with the Piece of Mind Mental Health Team. Now that they are fully trained, our Wellbeing Warriors will be putting their training into action by helping their peers with their wellbeing and mental health - a very important role in school.
Look out for our Wellbeing Warriors as they proudly wear colourful lanyards in school at break times and lunch times!
Click below for our Wellbeing Warrior Charter: