At Bishop Ian Ramsey we aim to give all children the opportunity to learn about the past and develop their historical skills. We aim to provide a high quality history curriculum, which inspires pupils’ curiosity and fascination about the world around them.
It is our intention that all pupils will develop:
- Their knowledge of the history of the UK and our own local area here in the North East.
- Their recall of key historical facts and knowledge about the past, including from significant aspects of the history of the wider world.
- Their understanding of historical concepts such as changes over time.
- Their own historical skills, including analysing and interpreting a range of historical sources.
- Their historical perspective by making connections and placing their growing knowledge into different contexts.
Children are regularly given the opportunity to improve their understanding through a range of learning opportunities. Children are encouraged to share their thoughts in class discussions. Teaching is supported by the use of a range of historical objects and sources, including artefacts and visual aids.
Please see below the image for our History documents.