Bishop Ian Ramsey Church of England School is a Co-educational day School for pupils aged 4 - 11.
We have a standard admission number of 30 pupils per year group.
Children are admitted into the main school as outlined on our Admission Policy. This follows the Local Authority (Durham) timetable for admissions.
Who is eligible to start school in September 2021?
- Children born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 will be eligible to start in Reception year.
- Primary and Secondary School Admission Guide 2021-2022
- Primary school application form 2021
Please click on the link below for a copy of the Admissions policy:
To appeal against an admission decision visit: Schools admissions-appeals
Update regarding proposed changes to regulations for appeals in 2021 as a result of COVID-19:
Please note that the DfE’s new regulations for appeals, which will be in force until 30 September 2021, will:
· Disapply the requirement that appeals panels must be held in person. Face to face hearings should not take place until the guidance on social distancing indicate it is safe to do so.
· Give flexibility for panel hearings to take place either in person, by telephone, by video conference, or through a paper-based appeal where all parties can make representations in writing.
· Relax the rules to make it permissible for panels to continue with and conclude appeals as a panel of two if one of the three panel members withdraws temporarily or permanently.
· Amend the deadlines relating to appeals for the time that the new regulations are in force – any new or revised deadlines must be reasonable and at least 28 days from the date a notification of refusal of a school place was received by the appellant.
Appeals are to be lodged as soon as possible and determined in line with the temporary timescales contained within the temporary regulations
o deadline for lodging an appeal at least 28 days from decision,
o 14 days written notice to be given to appellant of an appeal hearing,
o new or revised reasonable deadlines may be set for submission of evidence,
o decision letters within 7 days of hearings.